Welcome to Charmed by Christine Portraits

Hi! My name is Christine Norman and I specialize in producing realistic People and Pet Portraits.

I hope you enjoy viewing my artwork and will be back to visit again soon!

If you'd like to order an original portrait of your own, or to give to that special someone, please contact me via the Contact Me link to the right of this page or by phone at (709) 730-0906.

Slideshow of My Recent Work

">

Thursday, June 16, 2011

My little corner of the world


Welcome to spring in Torbay, Newfoundland. 

It rains a fair bit, even through the winter. We also get a lot of fog. Some days, it feels like we're living in a cloud. 

It's pretty amazing, driving from St. John's out to Torbay and seeing this huge pillow-like formation lying across the land. It looks like you'd drive into it and lose all visibility, but that's not the case. You can see just fine once you're inside of it. 

Because we live right on the coastline, we get some serious blustery winds. (We have barely any mosquitos here in our yard because they can't fly against the wind!) Even on the warm day ... (there's a joke in there) ... I prefer to remain in the sheltered spots around the house. We have a small, shallow swimming pool, but we tend to keep it fairly warm. Nothing quite like having a nice warm soak and then bouncing out to grab a towel before your goosebumps know you're there! 

The stream comes from a local pond, Whiteways, and it's pretty amazing to watch when we have a lot of precipitation. It goes from a pretty smooth flow to a roaring rage that floods over its bank! It was an amazing sight during last year's Hurricane Igor (Sept, 2010). 

Click on the link for a brief (VERY brief because it's RAINING!) video:



From the kitchen window. I like to draw here... a bit cluttered, but nice light.

Stepping out onto the back deck and pointing towards the back of the house. Nice view of the Atlantic. :D

My view to the West... St. Nicholas Anglican Church. 

My "Studio" in the spare room. There's the hot tub, the trampoline, and the Atlantic Ocean.

I opened the door to the wind and rain. Brrr... 


No comments:

Post a Comment