Welcome to Charmed by Christine Portraits

Hi! My name is Christine Norman and I specialize in producing realistic People and Pet Portraits.

I hope you enjoy viewing my artwork and will be back to visit again soon!

If you'd like to order an original portrait of your own, or to give to that special someone, please contact me via the Contact Me link to the right of this page or by phone at (709) 730-0906.

Slideshow of My Recent Work

">

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Waiting waiting waiting...

I'm still waiting for the evaluation from my instructor about the 2 assignments I sent in 2 weeks ago. It should be here anytime now! I've been happily chugging along with my pet portraits, studying through the works of different artists, visiting YouTube for excellent tutorial videos... It was finally time to send in some work. Two assignments worth. OooOoooooh... she only wants us to send in one at a time, then wait until the review comes back before sending the next. Ah well. It is what it is.

I'm preparing for the Dog Show at the arena this coming weekend. I've booked a table for my pet portrait business, and have been getting materials ready to display. I've got tri-fold pamphlets, small and medium sized hand-out posters, a variety of business cards, display photos of some of my work which I've had laminated and will put into an album, and a HUGE poster which I plan to hang on the tablecloth in front of  my display.

I'm working on a painting on canvas of a friend's cat canoodling with their goldfish. It's coming along nicely.

************************************

It's the May long weekend now, and thanks to some interruptions in my internet, I'm finally going to post this. AFTER I scribble a bit of an update...

So, I've been sick with a flu/cold since last Saturday, but in spite of that, I've forged ahead with preparations for the dog show. I do believe I have enough pamphlets to last me through the day today, but if they fly off the table like they did yesterday (Hooray!) I may run out. 

It looked like lots of people were interested in my work, and they all had nice things to say about it. I met one of my Facebook Page friends (Hi Linda!) and now I'm even more anxious to get together with her little Cavalier for a puppy play-date, not to mention doing her portrait. (she showed me some pictures of her and her furbaby!! cute!) 

I finally heard back from my London Art College tutor/instructor/critiquer, and the news was good! Apparently I am on the right track and my work is simply "lovely." She's got a few favourites, but I won't tell you which ones they are... everybody should be entitled to having their own. Suffice it to say that I'm not surprised at her choices, as I believe they are among my best pieces so far. She hasn't seen Madison & Pie, yet. I figure she'll have some awesome things to say about that. :D

Well, I'm done my first cup of coffee of the day (Sunday) and it's time I got up and dressed to go back to the dog show. I can hardly wait to meet more great people and see some adorable dogs! I'm hoping to take some photos of them today!

Cheers!
~ Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment