Welcome to Charmed by Christine Portraits

Hi! My name is Christine Norman and I specialize in producing realistic People and Pet Portraits.

I hope you enjoy viewing my artwork and will be back to visit again soon!

If you'd like to order an original portrait of your own, or to give to that special someone, please contact me via the Contact Me link to the right of this page or by phone at (709) 730-0906.

Slideshow of My Recent Work

">

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pet Portraits

I'm still trying to figure out how to market my Pet Portrait business. Nothing much happening there lately, but since Christmas and New Year's celebrations are just over, I figure it won't be long now. Word of mouth may still be my best bet for drumming up new work. I'm going to donate some of my work to the Torbay Museum. Posting flyers and posters around St. John's is another thing on my to-do list.

My work has improved so much since I did the Three Golden Retrievers. Although I signed up for the distance education program in the London Art College, I find that the independent research into techniques and methods has been more educational than the package they sent. The interaction between students on their website is so-so, with some students posting everything they've ever done and hoping that somebody says something nice about it, and others putting up only the work they submit for evaluation to the instructor. Hard to argue about either method. It's nice to see other students' work, and I should post mine up soon.

I'm procrastinating because I haven't actually done the darned "hair" assignment. It's not one of my favourite assignments. (various types of hair portrayed in 2 media: graphite and a colour medium of your choice in 3" squares.) Instead of working on the homework, I've been doing the Quartet of Cats as a Christmas gift. Then I did the graphite drawing of Carver, which was a donated item for a Convention's silent auction in British Columbia.

Then there's the "horse" assignment. Horse?! Sure there's horses here, but I don't know if there's as much call for horse portraiture in Newfoundland as there apparently is in the UK. (horsey people?) They want the horse to be wearing a halter and bridle (halter and "bridal"... lol... with "reigns." The typos in the instructions gives me a giggle and the overwhelming urge to stick a bridal veil on the horse.)

Well, here's some photos for your enjoyment. They're on my Facebook page as well as in a website I set up. Links to those are also here. (If the Facebook one doesn't work, just go to your Facebook and search for "Charmed by Christine - Pet Portraits" ... it should come up.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Charmed-by-Christine-Pet-Portraits/169298826428624

http://charmedbychristine.webs.com/




Shauna

Quartet of Cats

Blue

Niki-Bee

Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment